JOLT Writing Competition
The UCLA Journal of Law & Technology (JOLT) is currently soliciting articles by law students for our Spring 2020 writing competition. Only one entry per student.
Submissions must address a topic related to law and technology (e.g., intellectual property, antitrust, privacy, internet, the sciences). Submissions should be roughly 15-40 pages in length (including footnotes) and must be previously unpublished. Footnotes must conform to The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation.
Sunday, March 29, 2020 at 5 p.m.
1st place: Publication* in JOLT’s Winter 2020 issue AND a $500 prize.
2nd place: A $250 prize.
Please send an e-mail to JOLT at [email protected] with the subject “JOLT Writing Competition”, with the following documents attached:
1. An electronic copy of the article in Microsoft Word format
2. An article abstract of at least 150 words
3. An article table of contents
4. A resume or curriculum vitae including the author’s address, telephone number, and email address
* To be published in JOLT, the winning submission must meet JOLT’s publication standards.
2019 Competition Results
The UCLA Journal of Law & Technology (JOLT) was pleased to announce the winner and runner-up for the Spring 2019 Writing Competition were as follows:
First Place: Michelle Xu (UCLA Law):
Unresolved Means-Plus-Function Issues Post-Williamson
Second Place: Linfeng Yang (UCLA Law).